The best smoothie bowl
Uh ohh, I got a new obsession. Smoothie bowls are LITERALLY my most favourite thing EVER. With having such a limited diet this is one of my favourite things to eat for breakfast, it's full of so much goodness and will keep you going until lunchtime due to all the carbs from the fruit! It's super yummy, and perfect for a hot summers day.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 - 1 cup of frozen berries ( I like to use blueberries, but you can use a mixture if you prefer)
- Half a banana, you can use the other half on top of the bowl! ( If you use frozen banana, don't use the ice cubes and add some extra water!)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (this is optional, sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't. It just adds extra flavour!)
- 2-4 ice cubes (this depends on the amount of frozen fruit you use)
Place the water, frozen berries, half a banana and peanut butter and ice cubes in a blender, blend until thick and creamy. You want it to have a thick consistency, not like a regular drinking smoothie. Pour into a bowl and put whatever toppings you would like on top! Here are some ideas
- Nuts (macadamias, almonds, hazlenuts, walnuts etc)
- Chia seeds
- Granola/ gluten free cereal
- Hemp hearts
- Cacoa nibs
- Extra nut butter, you could use peanut, almond etc.
My personal favourites are macadamia nuts, hazelnuts, chia seeds, gluten free cereal, strawberries, bluebereies and banana!
For this bowl I used a mixture of frozen blueberries and raspberries for the smoothie mix, and I didn't use any peanut butter either. I actually preferred it without! If you make this let me know what you think!